Sold by the dozen: $28.20. When hatched, white keets are pure white with a few black hairs on the back of the neck, an orange beak, legs, and toes. Many of the keets have a small black spot on the back of their head, although not all of them will have this. As a delicacy, the whites have lighter-colored skin and the meat is lighter color as well (while the colored guineas have all dark meat). Both are fine textured, with a gamey taste. Both are very good eating and a fine delicacy.
Incubation of guinea hatching eggs. The incubation period for guinea eggs is 26 to 28 days. The eggs may be incubated under:
- bantam setting hens (10 to 15 eggs) or
- chicken setting hens (25 to 30 eggs), or
- any reliable incubator.
When ordering, please keep the following in mind:
- Availability. Hatching eggs are available May through September.
- Date wanted. Provide Date Wanted in the Order Notes section on the Checkout Page.
- Minimum orders for shipping hatching eggs. One dozen. Then in increments of 12.
- About Hatching Eggs Assorted. Hatchery Choice. Colors included in the assorted groups will be our choice depending on what’s available.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of conditions beyond our control during incubation and shipping, we are unable to guarantee hatchability of eggs.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
A new color: blonde
Sold by the dozen: $35.80. When hatched, blonde keets are a soft brown color. They …
Sold by the dozen: $31.20. When hatched, jumbo keets are a larger version of pearl grays. When fully grown, jumbo …
Sold by the dozen: $31.20. When hatched, buff dundotte keets are a light tan color with dark …
Sold by the dozen: $35.80. When hatched, chocolate keets are near white with tan irregular stripes on the …