Sold by the dozen: $31.20. When hatched, royal purple keets are brown with small irregular black striping on the back and the top of the head. The face, front of the neck, belly, and wings are white. Beak, legs, and toes are orange. They will feather brown with black markings. They feather with a dark underside, losing all the white as they feather. At two to three months of age, they molt in with their dark black feathers. Royal purples are often confused with pearl grays before this molt. When fully grown, royal purple guineas are a very dark black color with a lovely purplish sheen. They do not have regular dotting, but do have some dotting and barring in the flank area. These are magnificently handsome beauties.
Incubation of guinea hatching eggs. The incubation period for guinea eggs is 26 to 28 days. The eggs may be incubated under:
- bantam setting hens (10 to 15 eggs) or
- chicken setting hens (25 to 30 eggs), or
- any reliable incubator.
When ordering, please keep the following in mind:
- Availability. Hatching eggs are available May through September.
- Date wanted. Provide Date Wanted in the Order Notes section on the Checkout Page.
- Minimum orders for shipping hatching eggs. One dozen. Then in increments of 12.
- About Hatching Eggs Assorted. Hatchery Choice. Colors included in the assorted groups will be our choice depending on what’s available.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of conditions beyond our control during incubation and shipping, we are unable to guarantee hatchability of eggs.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Fancy Assorted Hatching Eggs.
Sold by the dozen: $31.20.
Fancy Assorted = 4 colors (or more) of …
Sold by the dozen: $28.20. When hatched, white keets are pure white with a few black hairs …
Sold by the dozen: $31.20. When hatched, slate keets are a solid rusty red color with no stripes. …
Sold by the dozen: $31.20. When hatched, jumbo keets are a larger version of pearl grays. When fully grown, jumbo …