Sold out for the year.
Assorted Peafowl Chicks consist of two varieties, or more, of Blue, White, Pied, Black Shoulder, Spalding, or other colors. Hatchery choice. [Pied Peacock shown in product image.] Priced at $41 EACH.
Color Preference and Hatchery Choice. As a customer, you may include a color preference of peachicks in the Comment Section during checkout; however, colors will be our choice depending on what’s available at the time.
When fully grown,
- India Blue Peacocks have a blue neck and breast, the shoulders are tan barred with black. The tail is mostly green … the spot in the eye on the tail is blue surrounded with green and then bronze. India Blue Peahens are a nice gray-brown dove color with a pale grayish buff colored belly. India Blue Peachicks are brown on the upper parts and buff on the understide. The Blues are the most popular variety of Peafowl.
- Black Shoulder Peacocks have a blue neck and breast, shoulders and wings are black. The tail is the same as the India Blue. Black Shoulder Peahens are mostly creamy-white, lightly mottled with dark brown-black and a little buff. The tail is dark brown. Black Shoulder Peachicks are creamy-white. As they feather, they become mottled with black.
- White Peacocks are white throughout. The tails are very lacy looking. These are very popular and in great demand by Peafowl fanciers. White Peahens are white. White Peachicks: White.
- Pied Peacocks have the same color pattern as the Blues with irregular white patches that vary in size and location throughout the entire body and tail. These are really an outstanding color, quite striking in appearance. Pied Peahens are the same as the Blues with white patches also. Pied Peachicks are the same as the Blues with white patches.
- Spalding Peacocks have an emerald green neck and breast, with the shoulders and wings being somewhat darker than the Blues. These have a more slender body and a taller stature, with a more erect crest. Somewhat rare and hard to find. Spalding Peahens are dark brown with a green neck and breast. Spalding Peachicks are dark brown on the upper parts with buff on the under side. They are very active chicks.
When ordering, please keep the following in mind:
- Availability. Peachicks are available June through September and are straight run (unsexed). Check “Availability” page for booking dates.
- Date Wanted. Provide Date Wanted in the Order Notes section on the Checkout Page. We always try to ship as near your Date Wanted as possible.
- Recommendation. We recommend placing your peafowl order early as our supply is somewhat limited.
- Minimum orders for shipping peachicks. 8 Peachicks. [However, you may combine a minimum of 4 Peachicks and 25 Guineas for safe shipment.]
- Shipping. Peachicks are shipped Priority Mail; insured safe arrival guaranteed. Please inspect at the post office with your Postmaster as a witness if any loss occurs. They are insured and you can file a claim with the Post Office for any shipping loss.
- About Peafowl Assorted. Hatchery Choice.
- Assorted consists of two varieties or more of Blue, White, Pied, Black Shoulder, Spalding, or other colors. Our choice.
- Rare Assorted consists of two varieties, or more, of the following varieties: Pied Spalding, Cameo, Buff Spalding, Oaten, White-Eye Pied, Purple or Silver Pied. Our choice.
For more detailed descriptions of assorted varieties, please visit the Assorted Varieties Page.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.